If you are chosen as a Foundation Fellow, you will be expected to:
- Receive research training and perform research full time for 8-10 weeks with your mentor, in-person in a U.S. lab, and be living in the US during that time. Your mentor will be working closely with you and will be available for questions and guidance.
- Submit a written report of your research & experiences by September 10th. The report will be 2-4 pages long and summarize your research accomplishments, and what was learned.
- Write a written script in lay friendly terms (when spoken would be 1-2 minutes) about your research experience, what you have learned and how it may affect your career plans, that could be used should we have an event where you would speak. The report, written script, with photos of you and your faculty sponsor in the lab and/or office should be submitted by September 10th.
- Have your faculty sponsor submit a written script in lay friendly terms (when spoken would be 1-2 minutes) about the research experience with you, that could be used should we have an event where the faculty sponsor would speak about this program and your work together. The faculty sponsor should submit the scripts on letterhead by September 10th.
- Send the report and both written scripts, as word document attachments. The photos must be sent as email attachments.
- Video both you and your faculty sponsor reading the short scripts, that can be used on our website or as a social media post. Please record it on a flash drive and mail it to us with a copy of the scripts, with your names and contact info.
- Acknowledge the Foundation as a source of funding in publications arising from your summer research.
We expect this fellowship to be educational, enjoyable and rewarding. We anticipate that many of the fellows will find the field of brain research exciting and hope that they will continue to include it in their career plans.