Thank you for helping and continuing to help us fight brain diseases, and to all those who have participated in events and made generous donations.
Please help this important work continue!
Click on the Donate button below to donate to IES Brain Research Foundation.
The Student Summer Fellowship Program is for Bright, Motivated undergraduate or first year graduate or medical students who are considering a career in neuroscience.
Congratulations 2014 Summer Fellows!
We have some very exciting news! One of our Summer Fellows, David Foulad, worked with Maria Castro on a treatment for glioblastoma (a deadly brain cancer). The treatment has been in clinical trials getting rave reviews from the FDA. Faye recently spoke to Dr. Castro who informed her that they recently treated their very first patient! Congratulations David and Dr. Castro! Exciting news for this devastating disease.
2014 Tenth Anniversary IES Brain Research Foundation Summer Fellows:
1. Joseph Zhou working with Wise Young, MD, PhD at Rutgers University on Spinal Cord Injury
2. Sandip Biswas working with 2013 Nobel Prize winner, Thomas Sudhof, MD, PhD at Stanford University on PTSD & Depression
3. James Duffy working with Kyle Frantz, PhD at Georgia State University on Drug Addiction
4. Austin Ramsey working with Benedict Kolber, PhD at Duquesne University on Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain
5. Christine Hildreth working with Carolyn Beebe Smith, PhD at NIH/NIMH (National Institutes of Health/National Institute of Mental Health) on Autism
6. Piper Williams working with Christopher Lowry, PhD at University of Colorado-Boulder on Depression
7. Charalambia Louka working with Nicholas Stavropoulos, PhD at NYUMC on Insomnia
8. Patrick Huguelet working with Shigeki Iwase, PhD at University of Michigan on Drug Addiction
9. James Barger working with Robert Froemke, PhD at NYUMC on PTSD -
2014 Tenth Anniversary IESBRF Elizabeth Ronis Fellowship
10. Megan Trager working with Dr. Helen Bronte-Stewart, MD, MSE at Stanford University on Parkinson's Disease -
2014 Tenth Anniversary IESBRF Yin-ming Huang & General Jian Gao Fellowship
Among the outstanding neuroscientists who are training this summer's fellows, we are pleased to include Nobel Prize winner, Thomas Sudhof, MD. PhD.